Tuesday, August 08, 2006

New Model: Anya

I just uploaded some pictures of Anya.

On another matter entirely, I ended up being unimpressed with ArtByUs as a place to sell prints - the traffic numbers were really bad. I moved the platinum toned prints over to eBay - I'm not totally thrilled by them but they DO bring a lot of traffic to the table, especially internationally. I'm sure I'll be revisiting this issue and trying different things periodically. I also used some different techniques to photograph them which worked much better. For an overview of what the different processes I use look like check out the alternative prints section.

I am probably not going to add another process until the fall, but in the meantime I may try to build a UV exposure unit. Right now my options are the sun or a single bulb in a work reflector setup that cost me about $25. For cyanotypes I use the sun because it's faster and I can just eyeball the exposure perfectly. For vandykes I'm less successful eyeballing the exposure and the UV is pretty consistent but very slow - I'm running 18 minute exposure times! If I could get that down to 4-5 minutes that would be a lot more convenient.

Speaking of eBay, I've started listing regular auction items there again now that we're getting out of the summer doldrums, so you might want to keep an eye on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home